Jake Newton & Jaycie Lee Young

Jake Newton & Jaycie Lee Young
DOB 6/30/2010 and August 2011??

Friday, June 10, 2011

Glucose test results came back elevated

I don't think it's a big deal but the doctors office called and said that glucose screening test results came back at an elevated level, which means that I could have gestational diabetes. Only 4% of pregnant women get this. I didn't have it with Jake so I'm thinking I probably don't this time either but I have to go Monday morning at 8:30am to do a 3 hour test. This should give them more accurate results. I can't eat anything past midnight Sunday night, they will draw my blood as soon as I get there, then I have to drink that orange sugar drink, they will then draw my blood every hour for 3 hours. I can't leave the doctors office during the test. As most of you know, I don't do well with giving blood so giving blood 4 times in 3 hours without eating...probably not a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment