Jake Newton & Jaycie Lee Young

Jake Newton & Jaycie Lee Young
DOB 6/30/2010 and August 2011??

Monday, November 23, 2009

Our New Life Begins!!

Well...it all started about 1 1/2 months ago when Jacob and I decided that I was going to stop taking birth control because everyone has told me that it would take forever after I stop for me to get pregnant. Well were they wrong! I was supposed to start my period on Thursday Nov 19th, but nothing happened. My periods are NEVER off so I kinda felt like something was wrong. Today is Monday and still nothing so I decided that I would buy a HPT this morning while I was at Wal-Mart. The drive from Wal-Mart to work (less than a mile) seemed like an eternity. So as soon as I got here, I had to take it, wait 3 minutes (another eternity) and it came back with 2 lines! My heart started pounding...seriously felt like a small heart attack. So of course I had to go buy another test just to make sure I didn't do anything wrong. Nope...this one said Pregnant right away. I called the doctors office because I wanted to go TODAY to see if they could do I test. Of course they can't see me until Dec 2nd...a week and a half from now. I told the nurse about the mini heart attack because I can't wait til Dec 2nd. She told me to RELAX, right...that's gonna happen. Then she proceeds to tell me that "weird things are going to start happening" and to call with any questions. Let me get this right, weird things are going to start happening and I'm supposed to relax. I called Roxie (she's pregnant) because I had to know what "weird" was going to happen to me. She didn't believe me! I had to send her a pic of the test. She had no idea what the nurse was talking about. Thanks for nothing ROXIE!

Next...how was I going to tell Jacob? So I took a pic of the TWO tests and sent it to him saying "Call Me. I'm freaking out and 2 tests say we are having a baby!" It didn't take 30 seconds and the phone was ringing. He is laughing and thinks I'm kidding. He doesn't know why I'm freaking out if we decided that I was going to stop taking birth control. I'm freaking out because I thought in my head that it would take at least 6 months. I really don't want to tell anyone until I go to the doctor at least so we will see how Thanksgiving goes.

1 comment:

  1. Its about freakin' time!!! Thats all I got to say!! Oh- and let us know how it goes when yall break the news to Sadie! You better get her a really nice dog house.

    ReplyDelete