Jake Newton & Jaycie Lee Young

Jake Newton & Jaycie Lee Young
DOB 6/30/2010 and August 2011??

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Jakes Surgery


Jake had his surgery Friday to remove the skin tag from his right ear. Everything went well after it was over but the night before was another story. Normally he eats around 8:30 and goes to bed for the night, ready to eat again about 6am. So I really thought it wouldn't be a problem for him to have surgery at 8am without having a bottle after midnight. However, we stayed the night at my dads house and Jake didn't sleep AT ALL. We were up most of the night but he wasn't crying unless I tried to put him down. So I thought I would be smart and lay in bed with him on my chest and try to get some rest. That might have worked when he was smaller but now he grabs my face, hair, clothes or whatever else he can. Needless to say, neither one of us slept. He was in a good mood all morning even though he hadn't eaten since 11pm. It helped that he was the first appt. The whole procedure took about 15 or 20 minutes and then I fed him and we headed home. He was super fussy in the car so Jacob fed him another bottle and he sucked it down. My poor baby was starving but then he was perfect the rest of the day. He hasn't acted like his ear has bothered him at all. We are so glad that we got this done and out of the way so he wouldn't have to deal with it later.


No comments:

Post a Comment