Jake Newton & Jaycie Lee Young

Jake Newton & Jaycie Lee Young
DOB 6/30/2010 and August 2011??

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Who would have ever thought a 5 year old could teach you so much!

I have the cutest nephews ever! Last night Jacob and I watched our nephew Trace for a couple of hours and he had us entertained the whole time. He is very fascinated by my pregnancy. He is always asking me questions about "baby Jake" and if he is kicking me hard, how it feels and things like that. Trace and I ran to Wal-Mart to get a couple things and he asked me on the way in if I knew that A LOT of water was going to come out before baby Jake was ready to come out. Next while we were checking out be told me to be careful because my belly was about to hit the counter while I was paying. Wow, am I really that big already? Then on the way home, he was really quite (VERY unusual) and then he said..."Alisha, don't be scared and cry when Jake comes out because he is going to be naked and have blood ALL over him." Of course I had to act like that was all news to me and the conversion continued about that most of the way home. We made Jacob dinner but Trace and I decided that we just wanted cereal, so I was walking around the island in our kitchen making our bowls of cereal and he said, "you better be careful because that table will pop your belly." At this point I couldn't help but laugh. He was talking about our island because it has a square top on it with pointed corners.

Who would have ever thought I could learn so much from my 5 year old nephew about having a baby in just a couple of hours! Julie, thanks for the evening of entertainment. We enjoyed having him over!

1 comment: