Jake Newton & Jaycie Lee Young

Jake Newton & Jaycie Lee Young
DOB 6/30/2010 and August 2011??

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

This past weekends painting party...



I decided that a girl needed to have a pink room instead of tan/brown so my mom and I had a little painting party. I didn't tell her that our party would only consist of the two of us and lots to be done! I'm not so sure she would have agreed to come for the party had I told her the whole project that I had planned. I started painting the trim and doors white Friday afternoon about 2pm. Mom got to the house about 6 and we painted the solid walls and taped the first set of stripes that night, we finished up about 11:30pm. Jake woke us up about 5:30am and we were at Lowes at 7 to buy more paint. We painted the first set of stripes and while they were drying we went shopping. Came home and started painting again, we got it all finished about 4pm Saturday afternoon. What in the world was I thinking!! I never want to see another paint brush again. If this child comes out with a PeePee, he is going to stay in a pink room for hiding it from us. OR...Jacob and I will move in the pink room and the baby will get the brown room. I'm sure Jacob would LOVE that. :)







I also came to realize that sewing the bedding while having a 9 1/2 month old to tend to would be impossible so my step dad bought the bedding for us. He said he would buy it if he didn't have to come help paint. SMART MAN!!


We still have to get the bedding and crib in the room, they should be delivered this week.



We are some pics:










Before














Before











Solid Pink & Green Walls

















1st set of stripes taped off












1st set of stripes painted















2nd set of stripes painted


















The room with some furniture in it











Our little helper














The crib bedding






No comments:

Post a Comment