Jake Newton & Jaycie Lee Young

Jake Newton & Jaycie Lee Young
DOB 6/30/2010 and August 2011??

Friday, January 15, 2010

Maybe we have been working on a baby GIRL name for a reason!!






Yesterday was my 12 week check-up/ultrasound. They also checked the babies measurements for developmental problems and all checked out good. So Baby Young #1 should be healthy.

My appt was at 9am and my phone rang at 8:45am and it was the doctors office. What could they be calling me for 15 mins before my appt? Just my luck, the ultrasound tech quit that morning and they didn't think I would be able to get my ultrasound. So Nana, Pop and Tiffani had all come for nothing. Luckily they found a place that could squeeze me in at 10:30 in the same building. I was happy with that but the lady that quit was the one that told me she would guess at the gender and hadn't been wrong in 16 years. I could only hope that the new place would guess for me too. We got in the room and that was the first thing that I asked, she said NO that she wouldn't guess that it was to early to tell anything. So I was pretty bummed about that. Then, after a long time of looking at the baby, she said..."Well I'm really leaning toward something but I'm not going to tell you in case I'm wrong." Did she really think that I was gonna let her say that and then not tell me? So I begged her to tell me and I had to promise that I wouldn't be mad if she was wrong. She looked again and then said she thinks it's a GIRL but she wouldn't go out and buy anything pink yet. We got some really good 3-D ultrasound pics and a 3 sec video of HER moving around. It's amazing that at 12 weeks you can see all of that. It makes me never want another regular ultrasound again.

We were finished or at least we thought so when the doctor walked in and said that she was studying a new way to tell the gender of a baby earlier on by measuring the position of the genitals and the spine. A 30 degree angle or less is a girl and around 50 degrees is a boy. She wanted to know if she could practice on me. HECK YEAH!! We didn't tell her what the other lady had guessed just so we could see what she would guess. She did her measurements and the angle was...24 DEGREES!! Yea....she said I'm guessing a GIRL! I won't have another ultrasound until 20 weeks so we will see if they were right. Keep your fingers crossed! Our families both need a cute baby girl around!









Look in this bottom right corner and you can see where it says 24 degrees!

1 comment:

  1. I was hoping for a boy, but a girl will work too! :)
    She is going to be TOO cute! Ms. Addison Lee Young! :)

    ReplyDelete