Jake Newton & Jaycie Lee Young

Jake Newton & Jaycie Lee Young
DOB 6/30/2010 and August 2011??

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

3 Hour Glucose Test...Fun, Fun!!

Yesterday I had to be in The Woodlands at 8:30 am for my 3 hour glucose test. Jacob decided he would drive me because I didn't know how I would handle not being able to eat past midnight and then give blood 4 times. We got there at 8:30 and they took my first blood draw and gave me that WONDERFUL orange sugar drink. It actually tasted good this time, probably because I was starving and super thirsty. I don't think I have ever felt more hungry or thirsty than I did yesterday just because I knew that I couldn't have anything. Then the next 3 blood draws were at 9:30, 10:30 and 11:30, 2 times in each arm. I'm glad Jacob went with me because I wasn't able to leave the doctors office during the testing so it made time go by faster to have him there to talk to.

I will have the results in a day or two so I will keep everyone posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment