Jake Newton & Jaycie Lee Young

Jake Newton & Jaycie Lee Young
DOB 6/30/2010 and August 2011??

Monday, June 6, 2011

Life with an 11 month old BOY!!

Saturday afternoon Jake was being horrible! I knew he didn't feel good because although it's normal for him to throw a fit, he was just acting like he didn't feel good. We came to realize that it was his tummy after he started passing A LOT of gas and then he would be happy for a little while again until more was building up. We fed him some of our steak at lunch and apparently the spices didn't sit well with his belly. Poor Baby! We finally got him settled down and in bed about 9:30pm and I thought surely he would be down for the evening, NOT...about 3:30am he woke up screaming. I waited about 10 minutes and he still wasn't back asleep so I made him a bottle, fed him and when I went to put him back in bed...I noticed, he didn't have on a diaper! What in the heck?! So I felt around in his bed and it was soaking wet and his diaper was on the floor. I guess he decided to take off his diaper and pee in his bed! How does an 11 month old think of this?!

Then last night (Sunday night), Jake was exhausted from swimming and playing at Papaws house all day and went to sleep about 5:30pm. How awesome!! I was tired also so about 8pm we went to bed.
10:30pm: Jake is up crying! Jacob wanted to go get him and I told him not to bring him in our room or he would be up all night wanting to play.
10:40pm: Jacob and Jake are standing beside our bed looking at me. I asked Jacob if he didn't hear me tell him NOT to bring him in our room and his response was..."he is just being so sweet!" Jake has learned to give kisses and hugs and he knows exactly when to do it to get his way.

In 11 months, Jake has NEVER slept in our bed until last night. Way to Go Daddy!!! We are going to have a monster that gives kisses to get his way.

No comments:

Post a Comment