Jake Newton & Jaycie Lee Young

Jake Newton & Jaycie Lee Young
DOB 6/30/2010 and August 2011??

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Hand-Foot-Mouth Virus!!

Saturday night after the party Jake, wouldn't go to sleep and just kept screaming bloody murder. Jacob and I thought maybe his stomach was upset from all the cake icing and he hadn't eaten or drank anything pretty much all day because he was to pre-occupied with everything else that was going on in the house. We kept offering him food and milk to see if that was his problem but nothing helped. He was up most of the night screaming! Sunday wasn't much better so I decided to take him to urgent doc here in town. I haven't been very happy with them in the past but we don't have many options in Livingston on the weekends so I took him anyways. Yes, it was 5:45 and they close at 6 but the doctor there was a complete jerk and made me feel like I was a horrible mother. He said that Jake had a "deep inner ear infection" and gave him a shot. CVS pharmacy was closed so getting the prescription filled wasn't an option. Jake stayed with his JuJu Sunday night so Jacob and I could get some rest and he didn't sleep much and still wouldn't eat or drink anything. I had talked to one of our friends whos son went to Urgent doc with the same symptoms and they said it was an ear infection and gave him a shot, she took him to our pediatrician the next day and he had ulcers in his mouth not an ear infection! So I decided that I better take Jake just to be sure. Sure enough, NO ear infection and he has ulcers on his tongue, top of his mouth and in his throat. They said it's called Hand Foot & Mouth virus and is common in children and passed through daycares in Summer/Fall. GREAT!! I felt like going to Urgent Doc just to let them know what I thought but...what good would that do?! Probably NONE! The pediatrician said to mix Maalox and Benadryl and put it in his mouth to help with the ulcers and it would also cure a sore throat if he ever got one. Who would have ever thought! I decided to sleep in Jakes room with him last night so Jacob could get some rest and he slept most of the night. Thank Goodness!!! Maybe we are on the road to recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment